Know the Enrollment Deadline
For medical, dental, optional life insurance and family accident insurance coverage, as well to contribute to a dependent care FSA, you must enroll within 30 days of when you become eligible.
You will be automatically enrolled in long-term disability insurance, basic life insurance and business travel accident insurance, as well as the savings and pension plan. If you don’t enroll in the savings plan, you will be automatically enrolled after 30 days of employment.
If you enroll in the Hess Medical Plan, you can establish a Health Savings Account (HSA) when you enroll for medical coverage or anytime afterwards.
Decide Who to Cover
You can enroll yourself and your family in Hess benefits. Be sure you know who’s eligible before you choose coverage.
You are eligible if you are a full-time employee.
You may also cover members of your family. Eligible dependents are:
- Your spouse
- Your same- or opposite-gender domestic partner
- Your children through the end of the calendar year in which they reach age 26. Eligible children include:
- Your natural and adopted children (including children placed with you for adoption)
- Stepchildren who live with you
- Disabled children (of any age)
- Children for whom you have legal guardianship
- Children of your same- or opposite-gender domestic partner
Review Your Choices
What you can choose What Hess provides
(No enrollment required)
Medical (includes Rx and Vision) Short-Term Disability
Dental Basic Life Insurance Family Accident Insurance Business Travel Accident Insurance Optional Life Insurance for you, your spouse and/or dependents Savings Plan
(After 30 days of employment if not enrolled earlier)
Dependent Care FSA Pension Plan Health Savings Account Voluntary Benefits including: Accident Insurance, Critical Illness Insurance and Identity Theft Protection
You can also review Your 2020 Hess Benefits Decision Guide for details you need to choose your benefits. We encourage you to review all of your options.
Use Your Resources