Most of your benefits will remain the same for 2021 but there are a few changes and enhancements.
Cost of Coverage
You can view your 2021 costs for each benefit plan at empyrean.hess.com. Here’s a review of what’s changing for 2021:
- Medical and Dental Plan Rates—will stay the same in 2021. Keep in mind that because there will be 26 pay periods instead of 27, the rates will look slightly higher per pay period.
- Optional Life Insurance Rates—are increasing for you (by 8.3 percent) and your spouse (by 7.5 percent).
Health Savings Account (HSA)
IRS contribution limits are increasing, so you can contribute more to your HSA in 2021:
|2021 IRS Contribution Limits|
|Employee + One and |
Employee + Family
Health Management Programs and Medical Plan Features
We’re adding some health management programs and medical plan features that can improve your well-being and stretch your health care dollars. There are no elections required for these programs during Benefits Open Enrollment. You use them when you need them. Look for more information about them in 2021.
- To help control blood sugar levels, Livongo offers a digital diabetes management solution. If you enroll in the program, you’ll receive a glucose meter, unlimited test strips and lancets, as well as educational materials and access to expert coaches. Your glucose meter automatically uploads your blood glucose readings to your member portal on the Livongo website. The meter also provides graphs, insights and real-time tips on how to improve your blood sugar numbers. If you’re enrolled in the Hess Medical Plan, this program is free to you and your enrolled family members age 18 and up. Learn more.
- Individuals looking to expand their family can get help with the WINFertility family-building program provided by Anthem. The program offers access to quality fertility treatment, trained nurse professionals as well as information about testing and medication options. Learn more. Or, contact WINFertility at 1-866-217-9482, or go to winfertility.com.
- Health care facilities and providers recognized for their expertise in delivering specialty care are designated as Anthem Blue Distinction Centers. When you use an Anthem Blue Distinction Center for knee or hip replacements or spinal surgery, the plan pays higher benefits—you pay only 10% of the surgery cost (after you’ve met your deductible). For more information, call Anthem Member Services at 1-800-854-1834 or go to anthem.com.