Monday, June 3, through Sunday, June 30, 2019
HESS HYDRATE CHALLENGE
Water is essential to life. The water in your cells, organs and tissues helps regulate your body temperature and maintain your bodily functions. And because your body loses water through breathing, sweating and digestion, it’s important to stay hydrated throughout the day.
Join the Hydrate Challenge
Make sure you’re drinking enough water every day. We’ll even give you a free water bottle, so there’s no reason not to drink up!
Here’s What To Do
- Sign up for the challenge from May 20 through June 10 at powerup.hess.com or on the SimplyWell app.
- Use the free POWER UP water bottle distributed at your location to track your intake.
- Drink 140 eight-ounce glasses of water between June 3 and June 30.
- Track your progress by entering the number of eight-ounce glasses of water you drink each day on powerup.hess.com or the SimplyWell app. The daily maximum number of eight-ounce glasses you can enter is 12.
- Earn 100 points!
Call SimplyWell at 1-888-848-3723.
Did You Know?
Water makes up a large percentage of most body parts:
- Brain and heart: 73%
- Lungs: 83%
- Skin: 64%
- Muscles and kidneys: 79%
- Bones: 31%
Some benefits of adequate hydration:
- Eliminates hunger pangs
- Aids digestion
- Lubricates joints
- Acts as a shock absorber for the brain and spinal cord
- Increases metabolism
- Controls appetite
- Prevents or eases headaches
- Averts fatigue