You can receive up to eight weeks of parental leave/child bonding or care of a family member leave, regardless of gender or caregiver status. Birth mothers receive an additional eight weeks of maternity leave, for up to 16 weeks of leave.
PAID FAMILY LEAVE
Hess provides generous paid time off for:
- Maternity leave
- Parental leave and child bonding
- Leave to care for a family member
with a serious health condition
Plus, Hess is pleased to offer on-site lactation and breastfeeding facilities at our office locations.
Watch a video to discover all the benefits and resources Hess provides to help build your family.
How It Works
The Birth Of Your Child
For the birth of your child or to care for your child within the first 12 months following birth:
- Birth mothers can take up to eight weeks for maternity leave and up to another eight weeks for parental leave/child bonding.
- Fathers and partners can take up to eight weeks of parental/child bonding leave.
Father or Partner
The Adoption of a Child
Placement of a child with you for adoption or foster care, within the 12-month period following the placement
You can take up to eight weeks of parental/child bonding leave.
Caring For A Sick Loved One
To care for your spouse, qualified domestic partner, child, parent, sibling, grandparent, or other dependent household member or individual who depends on you for at least half of their support, and who has a documented serious health condition
- You can take up to eight weeks of leave.
Benefits under the Paid Family Leave Policy are provided in addition to any unpaid leave available under the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) Policy. The Paid Family Leave Policy runs concurrently with any unpaid leave under the FMLA Policy.
How to Initiate a Leave Claim
When you need to take a leave for the birth or adoption of your child or to care for a sick loved one, here’s what to do:
- Advise your manager or HR representative how long you anticipate being away from work.
- Report your absence to Matrix (our absence management administrator) by the sixth workday of your absence. If your leave is anticipated, contact Matrix at least 30 days before it’s expected to start.
Refer to these instructions for more details.