Below are five steps for a successful enrollment. For details about what’s changing and the benefit options available to you, view the 2021 Hess Benefits Decision Guide.
Benefits Open Enrollment is your once-a-year opportunity to make changes to your Hess benefits coverage for next year, unless you have a qualified life event that also allows a change.
5 Simple Steps
1. Review What’s Changing
Most of your benefits will remain the same for 2021 but there are a few changes and enhancements.
Cost of Coverage
You can view your 2021 costs for each benefit plan at empyrean.hess.com. Here’s a review of what’s changing for 2021:
- Medical and Dental Plan Rates—will stay the same in 2021. Keep in mind that because there will be 26 pay periods instead of 27, the rates will look slightly higher per pay period.
- Optional Life Insurance Rates—are increasing for you (by 8.3 percent) and your spouse (by 7.5 percent).
Health Savings Account (HSA)
IRS contribution limits are increasing, so you can contribute more to your HSA in 2021:
|2021 IRS Contribution Limits|
|Employee + One and |
Employee + Family
Health Management Programs and Medical Plan Features
We’re adding some health management programs and medical plan features that can improve your well-being and stretch your health care dollars. There are no elections required for these programs during Benefits Open Enrollment. You use them when you need them. Look for more information about them in 2021.
- To help control blood sugar levels, Livongo offers a digital diabetes management solution. If you enroll in the program, you’ll receive a glucose meter, unlimited test strips and lancets, as well as educational materials and access to expert coaches. Your glucose meter automatically uploads your blood glucose readings to your member portal on the Livongo website. The meter also provides graphs, insights and real-time tips on how to improve your blood sugar numbers. If you’re enrolled in the Hess Medical Plan, this program is free to you and your enrolled family members age 18 and up. Learn more.
- Individuals looking to expand their family can get help with the WINFertility family-building program provided by Anthem. The program offers access to quality fertility treatment, trained nurse professionals as well as information about testing and medication options. Learn more. Or, contact WINFertility at 1-866-217-9482, or go to winfertility.com.
- Health care facilities and providers recognized for their expertise in delivering specialty care are designated as Anthem Blue Distinction Centers. When you use an Anthem Blue Distinction Center for knee or hip replacements or spinal surgery, the plan pays higher benefits—you pay only 10% of the surgery cost (after you’ve met your deductible). For more information, call Anthem Member Services at 1-800-854-1834 or go to anthem.com.
2. Decide Who to Cover
You can enroll yourself and your family in Hess benefits. You are eligible if you are a full-time employee.
Eligible dependents are:
- Your spouse
- Your same or opposite sex domestic partner
- Your children through the end of the year in which they reach age 26
- Disabled children
You can add or remove dependents at empyrean.hess.com. Be sure to have Social Security numbers on hand for anyone you’re adding to your coverage.
3. Get the Most from Your Benefits
Think about your benefit needs for next year. Ask yourself:
- Am I contributing the maximum to my HSA?
- Should I increase my life insurance coverage?
- Are my beneficiary designations up to date?
- Should I contribute to a Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account in 2021?
4. Consider Your Choices
Make informed decisions with resources on these websites:
myHess Rewards is updated twice a year. Here you can see the big picture of what you get in compensation and benefits for being part of the Hess team.
HessBenefits.com has the information you need, when you need it, including:
- The basics about all of the Hess benefit plans you are eligible for
- Frequently Asked Questions
Are you getting the most from what Hess has to offer?
Empyrean.hess.com The Hess Benefits Center at Empyrean is where you go to enroll and make changes for the new year. It has your personal information, covered dependents, current and available benefit options and costs, and more.
You have between October 19–30, 2020, to enroll in benefits for 2021.
- Starting October 19, go to empyrean.hess.com and log in. If you’re outside the Hess network, you can log in using your Hess network credentials at empyrean.hess.com.
- Click the Continue button on the Open Enrollment home page and follow the instructions on each subsequent page.
- On the My Family page, be sure to provide the information required for each dependent you want to cover.
- On the Select Your Benefits Coverage page, make your elections and review your per-paycheck cost.
- On the Review Beneficiary Allocation page, you’ll designate a beneficiary for every coverage you elect that requires a beneficiary designation.
- Review and save your 2021 elections.
Enroll by Phone or Use the EmpyreanGo App
- Call the Hess Benefits Center at Empyrean at 1-877-511-4377, Option 1, Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m.–5:30 p.m. CT and follow the instructions.
- You can also download the EmpyreanGo app on the App Store or Google Play and use it to review your benefit options and complete your enrollment.
What Happens if You Don't Enroll?
Your current elections will continue automatically except for:
- Health Savings Account (HSA)—Your current election will not carry over, so you’ll need to elect an amount to contribute in 2021. You can do this during Benefits Open Enrollment or anytime in 2021.
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account (DCFSA)—You must enroll during Benefits Open Enrollment if you want to contribute for 2021. Otherwise, changes are only allowed if you have a qualified life event.
Contact the Hess Benefits Center at Empyrean for questions about your health and security benefits and Benefits Open Enrollment at 1-877-511-4377, Option 1, Monday–Friday, 7:30 a.m.–5:30 p.m. CT.