You and your covered dependents, including parents and parents-in-law who live with you, can reach out to Health Advocate and receive up to eight outpatient counseling sessions per issue per calendar year at no cost. You can use the EAP, even if you are not enrolled in any other benefit programs, for things such as:
- Substance abuse
- Emotional distress
- Major life events, including births, accidents and deaths
- Health care concerns
- Financial or non-work-related legal concerns
- Family/personal relationship issues
- Work relationship issues
- Concerns about aging parents
- Finding child care and eldercare
And don’t worry — all contact is confidential, and no personal information you provide will be shared with the company.
Digital Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Is Available to Help
Through Health Advocate, you and your family members have access to digital cognitive behavioral therapy (dCBT) — a self-directed approach to understanding how your thoughts, behaviors and physiology affect how you feel both practically and logically. Complete online modules that address your specific needs. You can earn 100 POWER UP points each month by completing and self-reporting a learning module.
How It Works
- Take a brief emotional health survey that guides you to the right learning module for your specific needs.
|Stress management||General depression|
|Social anxiety||Low self-esteem|
|Worry||Opioids and chronic pain|
|Panic||Trauma and abuse|
- Work through your module at your convenience, at your own pace.
- Enhance and personalize your experience using journals, trackers, mindfulness, breathing exercises and other resources.
- Go to healthadvocate.com/hess and click EAP+Work/Life
- Click Learn more on the dCBT tile and register for the program
- Complete the emotional health survey
- Choose a module to begin immediately