Anthem’s Care & Cost Finder tool allows you to search for doctors and health care facilities that are in the Hess Medical Plan network—and compare them based on location, cost and quality.
CARE & COST FINDER
Know Before You Go
Doctors and hospitals can charge different amounts for the same services. And since you pay 100 percent of the cost of your medical expenses in the Hess Medical Plan until you reach your deductible, it’s important to get the high-quality care you need at the best cost.
So, when you or a family member needs care, do some research ahead of time with the Care & Cost Finder so you won’t be surprised when the bill comes in. With just a few clicks, you can find high-quality, in-network doctors, hospitals and other health care providers and compare costs for their services. Find the doctor that’s right for you—and your wallet.
Get detailed information about each doctor:
- Gender, specialties and quality ratings
- What the doctor charges for common health care services and an estimate of the cost based on your Hess Medical Plan
- If the doctor is accepting new patients
Want to see how it works in a real-life situation?
Check It Out Today
- Register or log in at anthem.com or on the Sydney Health mobile app.
- Click Care & Cost Finder:
- From your computer: Click Care > Care & Cost Finder at the top of your homepage.
- From the Sydney Health mobile app: Find it on the bottom of the screen.
- In the search bar, type in a doctor, service or condition.
- Select one of the options from the dropdown menu.
- You’ll see a list of physicians/facilities and costs to compare. Estimates are based on your Hess benefits.
Not seeing costs for the services you need? Call your provider directly for an estimate.
Important Cost Reminder
Sometimes when you see the doctor, you receive more services than you planned. So just remember that the costs and services reflected in the Care & Cost Finder may not match your provider’s invoice if additional or different services were performed.