Here’s an overview of the Adoption Assistance Program. The details can be found here.
You can receive a non-taxable reimbursement of up to $10,000 for eligible adoption expenses. Watch a video to discover all the benefits and resources Hess provides to help build your family.
How Adoption Assistance Works
Who is eligible?
You, if you are a regular full-time employee working 30 or more hours per week
Who can I adopt?
- A child under age 18 (who is not your stepchild)
- A person who is physically or mentally unable to care for his or herself
How much can I receive?
- Up to $10,000 per adoption, tax free
- Up to two adoptions
What expenses are eligible for reimbursement?
- Application fees
- Home suitability studies
- Agency and placement fees
- Legal fees and court costs
- Immigration, immunization and translation fees
- Transportation, meals and lodging
- Parent, child and family adoption counseling
Must I be employed by Hess to be reimbursed?
- Yes. In order for expenses to be eligible for reimbursement, they must be incurred while you are employed by Hess
- If you leave Hess, any eligible expenses incurred but not reimbursed prior to your last day at work are not eligible for reimbursement